What Type of Medical Certificate Do I Need for Flight Training?

Wayman Eduardo | Oct 14, 2015 | Flight Training

In order to begin flight training in the United States, you first need to obtain a student pilot certificate and a medical certificate. The reason for obtaining a student pilot certificate should be obvious; you need one before you can fly solo, although you can take flying lessons without one. On the other hand, getting a medical certificate isn't as obvious, and it can sometimes take people by surprise if they think they only need a pilot's license. A medical certificate will alert you to any medical condition that could prevent you from becoming a pilot; so obtaining one is a must before you begin your flight training.

read more

5 Things to Do With Your Private Pilot Certificate

Wayman Eduardo | Jul 08, 2015 | Flight Training

The early days of your flying journey are times to cherish. Not many people on the ground get to enjoy the feeling of newness, the sense of freedom and the joy that comes with dancing with the clouds.

Here’s what I love about flying.

read more

3 Ways to Prepare for Flight Training in the US

Wayman Eduardo | Jul 01, 2015 | Flight Training

Preparation is the key to being a successful pilot. You must be able to plan ahead and problem solve efficiently in order to remain safe in the air. This is no different when starting the flight training process. One might ask “Why is it necessary to train for training?” Believe it or not, preparing for flight training will give you the edge you need to make you a better pilot in the long run. Here are 3 ways to prepare for flight training in the US:

read more

Becoming a Pilot: How to Fly an Airplane Basics

Wayman Eduardo | Jun 25, 2015 | Flight Training

Flying an airplane is surprisingly easy. At it’s most basic level, straight and level flight, it’s all about learning to move with a third axis, Up and Down. You learn the basics of flying in the first 5 to 10 hours while you prepare for your first solo. After that it’s communications, navigations, and safety, safety, safety.

Learning the basics of how to fly an airplane is the first step to becoming a professional pilot

read more

5 Steps to Getting an M-1 Student Flight Training Visa

Wayman Eduardo | Jun 17, 2015 | Flight Training

In order to do any flight training in the USA that ends with a certificate, cadets must be on student visas. The state department is very clear about this issue. You cannot train in the US on a B-1/B-2 tourist/business visa. Beware of any school that says you can or accepts visa waivers. The last thing a potential commercial pilot wants is a deportation records from the United States of America for BAS (Boundary and Annexation Survey) paperwork. It could ruin your career before you start.

read more